I came across Coco-Roons in the grocery store the other day and decided to try them. They’re raw, vegan, organic, sweetened with maple syrup, and have just a few ingredients. I love how they taste — very coconut-y and just a little bit sweet. I only plan on having one or two per day though, since they’re still a source of added sugar.
Anyway, as I was eating one, I checked out the ingredients and noticed there weren’t very many, so I thought, I could make this! After all, they’re almost $1 each.
Ingredients (makes 3)
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond meal flour
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- a tiny pinch of salt
- Grind up the shredded coconut in a blender or nut & spice mill until it becomes a powder. I used my Nutribullet.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Roll into balls, or press into a mini muffin tin to shape them
Calories: 96 (the real ones have 80 — I don’t know how!)