As you can tell by the photo of this dish, food photography is hard.
But making these stuffed mini peppers is not.
They would be great as a secretly healthy party snack or appetizer. Or you can eat it with a spoon like me.
Makes about 2 cups
- 7 oz extra firm tofu (about half of a regular package of tofu)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (mine were soaked in oil)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bag of mini bell peppers or 4 regular bell peppers
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions become translucent
- Add everything except the bell peppers to a food processor and pulse until smooth
- Stuff mini bell peppers with the filling, or dip in slices of regular bell peppers
Nutritional information for filling (whole recipe):
38 g fat